First Aid Course (Basic)
First Aid Course.
This Basic First Aid course will provide you with all the knowledge and skills you need to be a first aider. You will learn all of the first aid skills required for you to achieve the `Basic First Aid Certificate` which is valid for 3 years.
On this one-day training you will understand your role a first aider, you will be able to assess situations and circumstances in order to act safely, react promptly and provide efficient support to a casualty. In addition to this you will understand the importance of recording and reporting incidents and accidents effectively.
Basic First Aid Course content includes:
- Basic Life Support
- Treatment of the unconscious casualty
- Seizure treatment
- Treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- Treatment of fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries
- Treatment of burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Treatment of common major and minor illnesses
- Prevention of cross-infection during First Aid
- Emergency transport of casualties
- Legal aspects of First Aid
The Basic First Aid training course is informative, fun and innovative. You will gain further skills that include the use of theory, props, and practical lifting techniques to demonstrate how you can deal with emergencies. In addition, by attending this course you will be given clear information and practical skills in handling ‘life threatening’ situations.
Course Dates: Please Contact Us for Details
Location: Various locations (see List below) or at your own workplace
Cost: £50pp open course or £300 for up to 12 people at your venue