Emergency First Aid at Work Training
Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
Emergency First Aid at Work. This new comprehensive Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work course (QCF) is a 1 day course for where an organisation’s risk assessment of First Aid needs identifies that there is a low risk and only has a requirement for Emergency First Aid at Work qualified staff, the Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) First Aid Regulations.
All learners will have the knowledge and skills required to provide Emergency First Aid in an occupational setting in a prompt, safe and effective manner.
Emergency First Aid at Work Course content:
- What is first aid?
- What are your roles and responsibilities.
- How to conduct a primary survey.
- How to manage an unconscious casualty.
- Seizure management.
- Treating a casualty who is choking.
- Treating a casualty who is in cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Treating wounds and bleeding, and the identification and treatment of shock.
- Treating burns and other minor injuries.
- How to prevent cross infection during first aid.
- Legal aspects of first aid.
This Emergency First Aid at Work training course is informative, fun and innovative. During the training you will understand the theory and demonstrate how to safely deal with emergencies, with an emphasis on those occurring in the workplace. Handling `life threatening` situations is covered, as well as recognising and responding to some of the more common ailments that may be encountered in the workplace.